Request[AMA Request] Someone who works in TV/film that is responsible for compositing all those "real" family, wedding, childhood photos seen in the background
Apr 18th 2017 by cmc8290 • 8 Questions • 3812 Points
For a long time now I've been intrigued by the photos of characters that appear in the background of TV shows and movies. I assume for individual childhood/throwback photos they are just using a real photo of that actor... but what about when there's a group photo? Wedding photos, family vacations, etc. You can almost always tell it's really them from their younger days.
My 5 Questions:
- What goes into creating these?
- Does the director have a say in what photos the actor submits for the composite photos?
- Is this your primary job function or do you have other duties?
- What actor or actress had the funniest old photo that you've seen?
- Do you keep the photos as momentos once the show or movie is wrapped?